Phone Photography in the Digital Marketing Space
As preparations for our #KISessions are being finalized, we have been noticing phone photography take on the digital space as it is easy to own and operator a smartphone than a real camera.
There are groups of people in Uganda who have taken phone photography a notch higher in immensely creative ways to do their professional work promptly yet with ease. As 2017 began, we saw people like Simon Elly, Mimotography, and Amate Angelle sharing a few phone pictures subsequently on their timelines.
Phone photography has taken swift steps into the digital marketing sphere by helping capture moments, report events and also share memories.
Earlier last year 2017, empowered by Kafunda Kreative a fellowship of creatives, the phone photography movement in Uganda embarked on a journey to share photography content ranging from macro-shots, sunsets, landscapes, and silhouettes. Alongside inviting Ugandans on twitter (UOT) to join in and share some of their most exquisitely taken pictures with their smartphones using the hashtag #PhonePhotography.
Joining the phone photography movement this year 2018 in March was SafeBoda using their “Your City Ride” campaign that was aimed to create a buzz about their rebrand, partnered with online enthusiastic youngsters to tell the brand’s story on their different social media platforms. The target was to showcase Kampala’s beauty to the world while taking SafeBoda rides using their phone photography skills under the hashtags #PhonePicsUG & #YourCityRide while posting the pictures on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Photos like the one below.
To unveil some of the passionate phone photographers alongside their best phone photos, the name of the phone gadget used and the app used to take the pictures, we have
- Joel Jjemba – @joeljjembaPhone – iPhone 6s, Editing app – PhotoFox (Download here: Google Play store | App store)
- Debbie Nabuuma – @DeborahNabPhone – Samsung Galaxy S6, Editing app – Lightroom CC (Download here: Google Play store | App store)
- Benjaah Edwards – @BenjaahEdwardPhone – Infinix Zero 4 Plus!, Editing app – Snapseed (Download here: Google Play store | App store)
- Faith Liam Mulungi – @Omulungi_HawtPhone – Techno Spark plus, Editing apps – Snapseed and Instagram filters
- Amate Angelle – @amate_aPhone – Sony Xperia/Samsung S3, Camera app – VSCO (Download here: Google Play store | App store) & BlackCam for black and white (Download here: Google Play store | App store
- Christine Kiden – @jesuiskidenPhone – Xiaomi Mi5, Editing app – Adobe Photoshop express (Download here: Google Play store | App store)
- Pius Enywaru – @enywaruPhone – Techno Spark, Editing apps – Instagram and Twitter photo editors
- Ninno Jack – @ninnojackjrPhone – LG G4, Editing app – Snapseed (Download here: Google Play store | App store)
- Isabella Namanda – @lwasas_childPhone – Samsung S7 edge, Editing apps – Snapseed & inbuilt phone editing tools
After seeing all those beautiful photos, do think you can be create this kind of content?